Why is it good to be physically active?
- You look and feel great.
- Gives you more energy.
- Lowers stress
- You get to and keep a healthy body weight.
- Lowers risk of type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and stroke
- Helps build and keep healthy bones, muscles, and joints.
Children 6-17 years old need at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day
Adults 18-65+ years old need at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day
How can you increase physical activity in your daily routine?
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park your car farther away from the entrance.
- Walk, bike, or jog with a friend or family member.
- Dance to your favorite music.
- Exercise while watching tv.
Physical activity alone will not help you achieve optimum health, incorporating healthy eating habits is key!
Fruits and Vegetables as part of a healthy diet, may help you:
- Control your weight
- Lower your risk of stroke, heart disease, and high blood pressure
- Reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes
- Lower your risk of certain types of cancer
- Boost your energy level
- Look and feel great